Want a quick but healthy lunch! Berry-Avocado Salad with Rotisserie Chicken is one of my favorite go to’s! Today, after a quick workout and a stop at the local farmer’s market, I was ready to eat! This salad doesn’t skimp on protein or healthy fat so it’s a great choice after the gym.
Yummy Salad Fixin’s:
1. I love using mixed organic greens but any dark green leafy lettuce will do.
4. 1 container fresh strawberries
5. 1 container gorgonzola cheese crumbled
6. 1 bag of honey roasted slivered almonds
7. 1 cucumber
8. 1 ripe avocado
9. Choose your favorite vinaigrette. (I love Simply Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette by Marzetti.)
How to Toss it Together:
Simply put all of your salad greens in a bowl, slice your strawberries and throw them in. Add your rinsed blueberries. Slice the chicken breast from your rotisserie chicken and add that to the top. Chop your cucumber and slice your avocado and add these to the mix. Next, top with slivered almonds and your gorgonzola cheese. Drizzle a small amount of vinaigrette and toss. Next step…dig in!
From The Mom in Me, MD