Appetizers are either far too complex or plain old boring. If I am going to cook a meal and make a dessert, I don’t want to spend too much time preparing an appetizer. Solution…Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini. These sumptuous appetizers are gourmet without trying too hard, and they are speedy to make (any sous chef…aka my husband, can whip these out in a jiffy!)
YOU ONLY NEED THREE INGREDIENTS…plus a knife!
1. 1 package crostinis (you can find these in any grocery store bakery department)
2. 1 jar fig preserves (I personally love Organic Adrianic Fig Spread from Dalmatia carried at most stores including Whole Foods) You can mix it up by choosing a fig and orange preserve as well.
3. 1 block of soft goat cheese (plain or one with herbs would work well too)
The Self-Explanatory Way to Assemble Your Gourmet Appetizer
1. Spread goat cheese on crostini (if your goat cheese is not soft enough to spread, then spread your fig preserves first and layer a slice of goat cheese on top)
2. Using a different knife, spread fig preserves on top of goat cheese
3. If you want them to look a little prettier you could always add a sprig of mint or basil to garnish or for another variation you could drizzle with a little honey and sprinkle with chopped walnuts
4. Arrange on a plate
Sometimes the best things come in simple combinations. Embrace how easy delicious can be!
From The Mom in Me, MD